How CMiC’s ERP helped Affordable Solar, Buffalo Construction Consultants and Chasse Building Team support growth and boost efficiency
With the accelerating pace and increasing complexity of business today, many organizations have incorporated robust tools into their technology stack to drive scalability. The construction industry is no different.
In this short article, we explore how three US-based construction companies – Affordable Solar, Buffalo Construction Consultants and Chasse Building Team – implemented CMiC’s ERP platform to address their business challenges and set the stage for accelerated growth.
How Affordable Solar Met Their Aggressive Growth Goals with CMiC’s Construction-Focused ERP Platform
In recent years, Affordable Solar, a New Mexico based specialty contractor, found itself grappling with a rapidly growing number of projects that were also increasing in complexity. Despite this positive business outlook, what became clear was that the company didn’t have the tools or processes in place to accommodate the anticipated growth. In essence, their dependence on legacy systems and limited integrations were unlikely to support the effective execution of their future projects.
With the goal of driving automation and integration, Affordable Solar’s approach was to deploy a fully unified, construction-focused solution. Designed to support the full construction project lifecycle, CMiC’s purpose-built platform was exactly what they needed to scale their business.
The CMiC ERP platform enabled breakthrough business outcomes, including:
- Establishing automated procurement and invoicing processes.
- Developing accurate data flows across a wide array of business functions to drive higher margins.
- Automating the approval process with a seamless workflow that was fully integrated—from order placement through approval.
- Accurately tracking KPIs.
How Deploying CMiC Helped Buffalo Construction Consultants Realize Their Digital Transformation Objectives
Buffalo Construction Consultants (BCC), a full-service construction management firm based in upstate New York, was founded in 2017 but had quickly catapulted to over $40 million in annual revenue by 2019. To sustain this rate of growth, executives launched a digital transformation initiative to replace spreadsheets and QuickBooks with a proper ERP.
From a strategic perspective, implementing a robust accounting system and seamlessly migrating data from their previous tools were at the top of the priority list. From a tactical perspective, deploying the new software would help to automate, streamline and integrate key tasks, including managing submittals, RFIs, subcontracts, change orders, accounts payable and time entry.
BCC’s extensive research, leading to the selection of CMiC as their ERP platform, paid off. Key business results achieved include:
- With the Change Management module, automating the organization of project costs by cost codes to stay on top of potential change orders.
- Real-time reporting (by subcontractor), which allowed BCC to communicate with clients in real time.
- Automating and standardizing the processes required to compile daily reports and timesheets—reducing the time required from hours to seconds.
- Creating workflows that automated the scanning and entry of invoices to the appropriate project manager for approval.
Why Chasse Building Team Chose CMiC to Help Boost Efficiency and Drive Growth
Chasse Building Team is an Arizona-based general contractor focused on the education, multi-family and commercial building sectors. During a period of steady growth, Chasse continued to implement various software modules to support the expanding needs of the business. However, the lack of integration between these systems meant that data could not be shared. Further, this lack of integration was impeding effective communication and collaboration across the various business units. A big obstacle was that key tools could not be accessed from remote job sites.
Leaders at Chasse decided that what they needed was a fully unified cloud-based solution. After a thorough software selection process, it became clear that CMiC’s cloud offering would help them address the shortcomings of their legacy systems. To quickly streamline their day-to-day accounting requirements, Chasse identified key CMiC modules that would be deployed as part of the initial rollout: General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Job Costing and Job Billing.
Through CMiC, Chasse has been able to realize key business benefits, including:
- Reducing the number of steps involved in issuing subcontracts by employing CMiC’s Microsoft Integration Package.
- Simplifying the processes involved in opportunity management and project setup.
- Eliminating redundancies and double entry during data input.
To learn how CMiC’s suite of applications have helped a wide array of construction firms achieve operational excellence while supporting better informed decisions that are data-driven, please click here.