Introduction, Statement of Commitment, and Message from Management
CMiC is the premier provider of a highly scalable and truly integrated ERP solution designed specifically for the construction industry. We work in a collaborative environment and our strength comes from our ability to use our top talent to overcome obstacles. Working collectively ensures that each employee can perform to the best of his or her ability, while also being able to find support in tasks that prove to be a challenge for him or her. This is what makes our team more efficient and inclusive.
CMiC strives to meet the needs of its employees and customers with disabilities and is working hard to remove and prevent barriers to accessibility. Our organization is committed to fulfilling the requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. This accessibility plan outlines the steps CMiC is taking to meet those requirements and to improve opportunities for people with disabilities. CMiC is committed to contributing to making Ontario an accessible province.
This document will be updated at least once every five years.
- CMiC is committed to complying with the Customer Service Standard in Ontario and to providing accessibility to our services and premises in a manner that respects the dignity of persons with disabilities. For example, persons with disabilities may use assistive devices and support persons in their access to our premises and services.
- We welcome feedback with respect to accessibility. Feedback can be submitted to CMiC in several ways including, but not limited to, in-person, by e-mail, and by telephone. CMiC will make sure our feedback process is accessible to people with disabilities by providing or arranging for accessible formats and communication supports, on request.
- Upon receiving any feedback with respect to accessibility, we are prepared to investigate the feedback and, where appropriate, to put in place measures stemming from the feedback that ensure that the needs of persons with disabilities are being met.
- As part of our employee training, we educate our employees on AODA and inform them of the importance of respectful communication and on ways to communicate in a manner that accommodates the needs of a person with disabilities.
- Alternative methods of communication are available upon request to both customers and employees to ensure that information is accessible.
Information and Communications
- CMiC is committed to meeting the communication needs of anyone dealing with CMiC.
- Upon request, information required by customers and employees will be made available in accessible formats and, where necessary, communication supports will be provided.
- CMiC is committed to ensuring that, where required, accommodations are made for both employees and prospective employees with disabilities.
- All of our job postings include a statement with respect to our commitment to an accessible recruitment process. Candidates are asked to inform Human Resources of any accommodation requests so that we may provide accommodations throughout the hiring process.
- When an employee makes a request for accommodation, Human Resources will meet with the employee and with the employee’s manager in order to come up with an accessibility plan that accommodates the individual to the point of undue hardship. For example, assistive devices can be provided, alternative training sessions can be provided, and workstations can be configured in such a way as to meet an employee’s needs.
- All e-mails sent by Human Resources personnel include a statement with respect to our desire to accommodate persons with disabilities and encouraging persons with disabilities to inform us of their accommodation requests.
- In addition to this multi-year plan and in accordance with AODA, CMiC has developed an accessibility policy.
- An accessibility report was submitted to the Government of Ontario in December 2017.
- All of our employees receive training with respect to AODA policies and who to contact if they or a customer requires accommodation.
- Employee training is conducted during new hire orientation and during the health & safety presentation.
- CMiC keeps a log to ensure that all employees have completed the training.
- Employees will be updated or re-trained if there are changes to AODA legislation or policies.
Performance Management, Career Development, and Advancement
- CMiC does not discriminate in its employment practices or in its hiring, promotion, training, and compensation of employees on grounds of race, colour, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, political affiliation, disability, or veteran status.
- To provide equal opportunity to all employees, CMiC provides reasonable accommodation (up to the point of undue hardship) to all differently-abled employees. Each employee with a disability will be considered individually, on a case-by-case basis, to determine accommodation requirements.
- Accessibility needs of employees will be taken into consideration throughout an employee’s employment relationship with CMiC. For example, accessibility needs and individual accommodation plans will be taken into consideration in relation to the performance management process and when providing career development opportunities.
Accessible Format and Communication Supports (Public & Employees)
- CMiC will advise the public and employees about the availability of accessible formats and communication supports. Upon request, such accessible formats and communication supports will be provided in a timely manner that considers the person’s accessibility needs at a cost that is no more than the standard cost charged to other persons. Persons making an accommodation request will always be consulted with throughout the accommodation process.
Accessible Websites and Web Content
- CMiC is committed to making its information technology widely available and accessible, regardless of the physical ability of the user.
- Upon request, CMiC will provide website content in an accessible manner to those who need accommodation, until the point of undue hardship and at a reasonable cost.
- CMiC will ensure that it complies with all applicable AODA legislation with respect to web content.
Individual Accommodation Plans, Including Return to Work Processes
- CMiC will incorporate new accessibility requirements under the Integrated Accessibility Standards to ensure that barriers in accommodation, including in return to work processes, are eliminated and that corporate policies surrounding accommodation and return to work are followed, where applicable. In support of this requirement, CMiC will ensure that its Accommodation Policy ensures that each CMiC employee with a disability will be considered individually, on a case-by-case basis, in order to determine accommodation requirements, including a return to work plan.
- CMiC will review and assess the existing policies to ensure that they include a process for the development of documented individual accommodation plans for employees with a disability, if such plans are required.
- CMiC will ensure that the process for the development of documented individual accommodation plans includes the following steps:
- Notifying the employee requesting accommodation of the way in which the employee can participate in the development of the plan;
- Documenting how the employee is assessed on an individual basis;
- Advising that CMiC can request an evaluation by an outside medical or other expert, at CMiC’s expense, to assist CMiC in determining if and how accommodation can be achieved;
- Ensuring that measures are in place to protect the privacy of the employee’s personal information;
- Outlining the frequency in which individual accommodation plans will be reviewed and updated and the way this will be done;
- Providing the employee with reasons if an individual accommodation plan is denied or is not in accordance with all of the employee’s requests;
- Documenting the individual accommodation plan; and
- Ensuring there is a means of providing the individual accommodation plan in a format that considers the employee’s accessibility needs.
- All individual accommodation plans that are established will include, at a minimum:
- Individualized workplace emergency response information; and
- Any information regarding the accommodations that have been provided to the employee, including accessible formats and communication supports that have been provided for or arranged to be provided for.
- CMiC will ensure that employees who require accommodation will have appropriate access to i) information that is needed to perform the employee’s job and ii) information that is generally available to employees in the workplace.
- CMiC will work with an employee to identify any other accommodation that is to be provided to the employee.
For more information on our accessibility plan, please contact Human Resources in person, by phone at 1-416-736-0123, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Standard and accessible formats of this document are available upon request.