Toronto, Ontario — October 14, 2021: CMiC, an industry leader in ERP and field operations software for the construction industry, was recently selected by TrustRadius as one of the recipients of their Tech Cares Award. This award — which recognizes technology firms for their outstanding contributions to global, community and employee-centered initiatives — marks the first of its kind.
TrustRadius Tech Cares Award: Evaluation Criteria and Final Selection of Recipients
TrustRadius, an Austin-based review site for business technology, factored in community nominations as well as user feedback to facilitate the evaluation and selection process for this award. Winners were selected based on their efforts in five key areas: volunteerism; diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI); charitable donations and fundraising; workplace culture; and support for environmental sustainability.
“It is a privilege to be selected by our technology industry peers for this prestigious award,” stated Gord Rawlins, President & CEO at CMiC. “From ramping up our philanthropic efforts, to aggressively growing our CSR and DEI teams and programs, we’re committed to take these initiatives to the next level, starting with a new campaign to promote and support the inaugural Construction Inclusion Week, from October 18-22.”
CMiC Focuses on Giving Back: Compelling Outcomes
The entire CMiC community continues to uphold their strong commitment to philanthropic and corporate social responsibility-focused efforts. In recent years, CMiC has established two transformational committees, one focused on fundraising (Social Purpose) and one on Corporate Social Responsibility (Ready, Set, Build!), and has used both as platforms to launch a variety of new programs. Despite the challenges created by the pandemic in 2020 and 2021, CMiC employees have expanded their committee involvement and driven volunteer participation growth – substantially increasing overall fundraising levels.
CMiC’s owners, leaders and CSR committees have partnered with organizations that benefit the construction industry and its diverse stakeholders. Over the past three years, partnerships have been established with the following organizations:
- ACE Mentor Program of America, which was formed to inspire and enable high school students to pursue careers in architecture, construction and engineering through mentoring and financial support.
- Raising the Roof, which focuses on delivering strategic development and long-term solutions to address homelessness by developing key partnerships with various organizations, investing in local communities and providing education and awareness.
- Building Up, a non-profit, “social construction contractor” committed to helping construction professionals facing barriers to employment.
Recent fundraising accomplishments include:
- $10 Million was pledged to support the ACE Mentor Program of America through scholarships and other initiatives intended to help fund the cost of higher education programs in architecture, construction and engineering for disadvantaged high school graduates.
- $3 million was initially allocated to establish the CMiC-Allen Berg Memorial Scholarship Awards.
- $1.2 million has been donated so far in scholarships to students enrolling in architecture, construction and engineering programs throughout North America. The goal is to continue donating up to $400,000 per year over the next 5-6 years.
- $50,000 was raised from employees and ‘friends of CMiC’ through various fundraising initiatives.
- $22,400 worth of gifts (e.g., laptops, desks, chairs, toys, electronic gadgets) was donated to Raising the Roof, one of CMiC’s community partners in the Greater Toronto Area.
Looking Ahead: CMiC’s Roadmap to Diversify and Strengthen Its CSR Initiatives
As commendable as the Tech Cares award recognition is, it is an early milestone in CMiC’s CSR journey. Over the next three years, the CSR committee will focus on the following objectives:
- Expand Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Programs
- Expand the scope and impact of the recently established Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
- Increase the percentage of females across the company, in management and in departments where they are underrepresented
- Enhance the Workplace Culture
- Expand the network of allies for key groups (e.g., LGBQT+, indigenous people)
- Establish formal support groups and forums led by CMiC employees
- Foster and champion a culture focused on DEI, philanthropy and environmental consciousness
- Increase Commitment to Environmental Sustainability
- Establish partnerships with sustainability-focused organizations
- Raise funds specifically to launch employee-led initiatives focused on environmental causes
Content, Social Media & PR Manager, CMiC
As an industry pioneer, CMiC delivers complete and unified ERP and FIELD solutions for construction and capital projects firms. CMiC’s powerful software transforms how firms optimize productivity, minimize risk and drive growth by planning and managing all financials, projects, resources, and content assets—from a Single Database Platform™. With customers throughout North America, CMiC serves one-quarter of ENR’s Top 400 Contractors and hundreds of small and mid-sized construction firms, from general and specialty contractors to heavy/highway and project owners. For more information, please visit www.cmicglobal.com.
TrustRadius is the most trusted review site for business technology, serving both buyers and vendors. We help buyers make better product decisions based on unbiased and insightful reviews. We also help vendors leverage the authentic voice of their customers across their sales and marketing channels.
Unlike software directories, TrustRadius optimizes for content quality and data integrity. Our reviews average more than 400 words, nearly four times the industry average. Every reviewer on TrustRadius is authenticated and every review vetted by our Research Team before publication. We also ensure product scores represent true customer sentiment by correcting for selection bias.
TrustRadius also helps vendors unleash the power of reviews in their own channels. We get their customers on the record at scale, then distribute that content where it can have the greatest impact. In the past year, over 100 leading technology brands have joined our customer voice platform to scale their social proof, increase conversion, win deals and capture user feedback.
For more information, please visit https://www.trustradius.com.